Fedora Core 4 test3 freeze warning

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Wed Apr 20 21:43:27 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 18:37 -0300, Alexandre Strube wrote:
> Em Qua, 2005-04-20 às 15:30 -0400, Elliot Lee escreveu:
> > Fedora Core 4 test3 is set to freeze in a week. That's April 27. By then
> > all the broken dependencies need to be fixed, bugs fixed, etc. On the
> > installer side, upgrades are supposed to work! :-)
>
> I still cannot get fedora core 4 test 2 to boot. It's a msi pentium4
> board, with 915 chipset, via 6540 raid (parallel-ata)
>
> It loads the kernel, and hangs. The last messages are a stack trace,
> something about a pci lookup. I can provide more stuff when I'll be near
> it. Still there, I cannot even bugzilla it.

     I am having the same problem - I cannot even install FC3T2.  It
instructs me to press enter to continue the installation and then, a
scrambled screen!  I have a Dell Inspiron 4000 and was able to install
previous versions of Fedora Core 2 and 3.  Is there a reason why this
will not install on this computer?  I was able to successfully install
it on an IBM ThinkPad T-30.  Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff