[semi OT] Prism54 firmware loading

Ziga Mahkovec ziga.mahkovec at klika.si
Thu Apr 21 21:15:13 UTC 2005

> Oh I'm very familiar with wireless-tools to assign ESSIDs and whatnot.
> What I experienced is I would set an ESSID (no key, wide open) but
> iwconfig wouldn't show the wireless device bound to it, nor would a
> dhclient find a DHCP server to get an address from.
>
> Now my problem is that it won't even load the firmware.

No clues in dmesg?
I was recently having problems with ipw2100 firmware (but it was during
boot only and got fixed with the udev update).  You could try this to
eliminate the possibility of a udev problem:

$ modprobe -r <prism module>
$ echo "/sbin/hotplug" > /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
$ modprobe <prism module>

--
Ziga