Fortune Program -Moving->RE: Wanda is broken

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Apr 23 15:11:06 UTC 2005

Senthil_OR at Dell.com wrote:
> [...]

I'm getting a bit confused to whether Fedora Core and Fedora Extras are
as integrated as I thought was the goal. Fedora Extras recieved programs
that used to be included in RHL releases and packages that used to be
included in Core. There are a lot of great programs in Fedora Extras. I
thought that Fedora Extras was an extension to Core.

Anyway, programs that are in core should be revised to not depend on
packages in Extras. Using the same scheme that the screensavers use
without fortune being installed should be implemented in wanda and other
programs. Leaving fortune-mod in Extras is fine with me.

Coming up with another program that does similar things as fortune-mod
should not be too hard to do. I believe the political correctness for
some of the fortunes and having to battle with offensive to some people
sayings was not worth the trouble to maintain the program in core. (RHL)

Jim

--
"Given the choice between accomplishing something and just lying around,
I'd rather lie around.  No contest."