Multiple boot errors

William wyount at watervalley.net
Wed Apr 27 15:35:12 UTC 2005

After the update yesterday around 3pm, I can not log into Linux. Here is the situation.

1) During bootup it loads audit
2) While loading volumes it gives the error message "/sbin/undevstart exited abnormally (PID 386)"   and "/sbin/undevstart exited abnormally (PID 401)"
3) Then it gives me two screen full of similar error messages:
"audit (1114593678.830)  avc : denied forname=XXX dev=proc ino=XXX scontext"
4) When it gets to loading eth0, it gives this error message:
"cannot remove /etc/resolv.conf predhclient permission denied" followed by clvmd failed
5) When it gets to the login screen it says default them is not available and uses the one with the flower
6) Login box has three dots in it and will not focus. I can not type anything into the login box.

I am running a Dell Inspiron 1150 with a Pentium 4 Celeron 2.6ghz, 512mb ram,  and Intel 852 graphics with a BroadCom 440x 10/100 Network Controller. I have tried all previous Kernels with same results.

Jerim