Crappy fonts

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Wed Apr 27 17:42:56 UTC 2005

Jason Vas Dias wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 11:58, Orion Poplawski wrote:
>
>>Is it just me, or do the fonts in FC4/development look crappy (compared
>>to FC3 in particular)?  Particularly in kconsole (default) and as I type
>>now in thunderbird (default I think - "monospace").
>>
>>- Orion
>
> If its TrueType fonts you're talking about, you
> need to re-enable the freetype bytecode interpreter,
> which we can't ship enabled because of patent issues.
>
> Download and install the freetype-2.1.9-2.src.rpm .
>
> Edit the first line of /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/freetype.spec
> to say:
>
> %define without_bytecode_interpreter 0
>
> then
>  # rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/freetype.spec

Thanks for the info, but I'm not sure it applies since I presume FC3
shipped this way and I'm okay with FC3.  Looks like I've changed my mozilla
fonts on FC3 so perhaps I need to pick new fonts there.  But my FC3 konsole
font is "Monospace" which looks to be the default there.  Perhaps the
default changed.

--
Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                   303-415-9701 x222