Help, read only permissions

Peter Torres torresp at nv.doe.gov
Wed Apr 27 20:16:24 UTC 2005

My system goes into a read-only permissions state after the screen saver
kicks in and the system sits for 10 minutes or so.  If I lock the
screen, invoking a lock screen and then log back in it is fine.  It's
just if I let it sit for some time.  Really annoying because I can't
create or edit anything once it does this.  Even when I tell it to
reboot it has issues doing that.  Once it does reboot everything is
fine, until the screen saver kicks again and it sits idle for some time.

2.6.11-1.14_FC3smp
FC3 fully updated

It just started doing this after I installed the new nvidia driver.
Could it be some permissions thing with the video driver and tgeh
screensaver?

I don't know, any help would be appreciated.

Pete