tracking crashes in the night

tony tony at tgds.net
Fri Apr 29 06:48:28 UTC 2005

Le jeudi 28 avril 2005 à 18:13 +0100, Robin Green a écrit :
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 18:20:12 +0200, nodata wrote:
> > There go the most likely causes :)
> > I had the same problem on a machine with an nvidia card and the binary
> > module for it. I'd get crashes with no logged information.
> >
> > You said you've checked your logs - I'd like to know how to find out the
> > cause too..

OK I left the machine running with no open applications and it survived
_BUT_ memory use is very high (was 96% when I got to the machine - has
gone down to 94% now).

I am guessing that there is a leak in there somewhere and leaving
Evolution and spamassassin running all night was just choking the
machine to death.

There is some USB weirdness still - capslock was on but I had to turn it
off then back on to get numeric keypad to work just now.

Cheers

Tony