kickstart reboot without eject

Thoralf Will thoralf at cipsoft.com
Tue Aug 2 21:10:46 UTC 2005

Jos Vos wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 11:01:15PM +0200, Thoralf Will wrote:
>

>>I'm searching for an option to make kickstart rebooting the installed
>>server automatically without ejecting the cd. For some reason the option
>
>                                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>>"reboot" in ks.cfg automatically ejects the cdrom which is something I
>>really don't want.
>

> Isn't that reason logical?  If it wouldn't eject the CD, it would
> boot the installation CD again i.s.o. the installed system, which
> is what "reboot" is meant for, I guess...

maybe for some systems it's logical - for mine it isn't. i change the
boot order while installing the system and want to keep the cd in drive
because i do not have access to that server to reload the drive. i
simply want to reboot - nothing else.

why isn't there an option "eject" to make ks eject the cdrom? why is
reboot automatically ejecting the drive?