crazy hackers and logwatch

Nathan Grennan fedora-test-list at cygnusx-1.org
Mon Aug 8 18:46:33 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 13:25 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> Good thing that's not the case.  Sure, if you have concerns then by
> all means don't install the software, but at least do a little
> checking before spreading FUD.

  I said sounds like, not is. I provided information about why
auto-shunning in general can be a bad idea. After a little more
research(though not intensive) it sounds like denyhosts isn't the best
way, but most likely good enough. pam_abl's default behavior of not
blocking the ability to make a connection, but instead just causing the
authentication to fail for that ip address makes more sense.