kaffeine crashes - bug in kdelibs

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Sat Aug 13 10:57:22 UTC 2005

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 03:02:57 -0700 (PDT), Mick Mearns wrote:

> Hello;
>   after a yum upgrade yesterday kaffeine now crashes right away.
>
> I tried to bugzilla this but could not get pasr the search screens.
> I could not actually type in the bug.
>
> I tried 2 different versions of kaffeine (0.7-0.1vn.4 and
> 0.6-1.2.fc4.rf.i386.rpm)
>
> When run from an xterm:
> [root at localhost mick]# kaffeine
> kaffeine: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libkdeui.so.4: undefined
> symbol: _ZN12QProgressBarD2Ev
>
> [root at localhost mick]# rpm -q --whatprovides libkdeui.so.4
> kdelibs-3.4.2-1.2.fc4.kde
>
> libkdeui is a binary file ...

Please also post "rpm --query qt", since it's your Qt which looks like
it's ABI incompatible. And is this FC4 or Rawhide?

That kdelibs you have installed is a kde-redhat package. Can you reproduce
with KDE and Qt from normal FC4? Because at least kaffeine from livna.org
is built against those packages and may not work with any other KDE/Qt
packages which break the ABI. It's not a crash. It does not even load.

--
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at users.sf.net>
Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) - Linux 2.6.12-1.1398_FC4