rawhide report: 20050813 changes

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 17:42:33 UTC 2005

On 8/13/05, Justin Conover <justin.conover at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/13/05, Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 12:08:01PM -0500, Justin Conover wrote:
> >
> >  > Swap on RAID devices *should* work, but is untested so far.
> >  >
> >  > I tested this on a box with a softraid/lvm   "aic7xxx" controller and
> >  > recieved a kernel panic.  I just followed these steps
> >  >
> >  > echo platform > /sys/power/disk
> >  > echo disk > /sys/power/state
> >  >
> >  > Should I have done something different?
> >  >
> >  > grep swap /etc/fstab
> >  > /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
> >  >
> >  > Would you like the output on screen from kernel panic?
> >
> > Yes please, drop it in bugzilla, and I'll take a look
> > (but probably not before monday)
> >
> > Thanks for testing.
> >
> >                 Dave
> >
> You know, this might sound stupid but I'm not actually sure if this
> box supports apic/apm, what ever the suspend is using.  I really
> didn't see any options in the BIOS
>
> Dell Precision 420

Another box I tested on also has software raid, but is just on 2x80GB
sata drives, had the following results:

1.) It did suspend
2.) didn't come back :)
3.) 2nd and 3rd times of trying to suspend result in screen output of
ata1: command 0x25 timeout, stat 0x50 host_stat 0x4
ata2: command 0x35 timeout, stat 0x50 host_stat 0x4