[SECURITY] Fedora Core 4 Test Update: kernel-2.6.12-1.1435_FC4

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Aug 25 01:01:57 UTC 2005

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 12:32:42PM +1200, Gawain Lynch wrote:
 > Any chance we might see an updated ipw2200 driver in an update sometime
 > soon?
 >
 > I seem to remember Dave dropping 1.0.4 just before FC4 due to issues,
 > but 1.0.6 came out 13 July.

Aparently its headed upstream for 2.6.14.  This will make things
much easier, as the out of tree 80211 layer vs in-tree 80211 has
been a pain that prevented further updates.  Trying to make this layer
with work all in-tree and out-of-tree drivers is a nightmare.

Given it'll work itself out in time, I'm not investing huge amounts
of effort into bending it so that every driver continues to work.
FC3 will get a backport of this work when it gets upstream.

		Dave.