yum broken in testing-updates? (FC4)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 17:11:38 UTC 2005

On 12/1/05, Jose' Matos <jamatos at fc.up.pt> wrote:
> This will go no matter how repositories I disable. Is this a bug or a new way
> to deal with it in 2.4.1?

this test version of yum has a new cache feature to cache
repodata..for a period of time.
Go into your yum cache directory and look for cachecookie  files for each repo.

The clean all is NOT cleaning out the cookie files.. which are
controlling the timeout based caching feature. This is a bug... you
need to file it.

Other questions
1)what is the default timeout for the cookies
2)how do i configure the timeout for the cookies
3)how do i turn this off completely?

If i dont know what the timeout is and cannot affect changes to its
setting or turn it off.. how do I test to make sure this feature works
as expected?

-jef