Breakage due to strange dependencies in device-mapper

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Thu Dec 8 01:44:22 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-04 at 17:21 -0300, Horst von Brand wrote:
> Today I updated my rawhide here, by first forcing the install of
> device-mapper-1.02.02-1 and selected dependencies. Somehow device-mapper
> dependes on libdevmapper.so.1.01, while it provides 1.02. The result
> /seems/ to work fine...

[ Finally catching up on email...]

This happened because libdevmapper-event.so, which isn't in widespread
use yet but is provided by the current packages, didn't link against the
local copy of libdevmapper.so, but rather the installed copy.  It's
fixed in our current packages and I've sent the fix upstream as well.

--
  Peter