call for testing, dmraid in rawhide

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Tue Dec 13 17:40:57 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 18:12 +0100, dragoran wrote:
> Peter Jones wrote:
>
> >6) If you've added support already and you do an upgrade, it almost
> >   certainly won't
> >   work.  I've got no intention of making this work, either.  Sorry.
> ??
> what does this mean?

Basically, it boils down to: this feature is for new installs only, not
for upgrades.

Several people have posted methods to enable dmraid in the initrd or
early in bootup, and they're not bad methods, but it wouldn't really be
sane for anaconda (the installer) to figure out what's going on and get
everything right.  That being said, with some of these setups, it might
just work.  But you never know.

--
  Peter