Package updating

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Thu Dec 15 22:57:50 UTC 2005

Don Springall wrote:

> I would still like a reply from redhat. Is there a way to formulate a
> broken deps list that is complete ? If not then maybe someone should
> revisit this dependency hell we have descended into. I fail to see how
> this is any better than the .dll hell some unnamed OS suffers from.
>
> I think we would be better off if rpm selected a particular object
> such as libgcj.so.6 rather than require it. Then have the program fail
> with an appropriate message at run time if that object is not found.

There is a unsatisfied dependency list on daily rawhide reports. Java
packages are being rebuild and require some development work to be
compatible with the new compiler in the Fedora development tree at
present. Fedora Java developers are working on those. Jesse Keating
already send a mail to this list explaining that, besides this is the
development tree and test releases. So expect some churn and breakages
now and then. Bugs reports can be filed where appropriate.

regards
Rahul