rawhide report: 20051216 changes

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Dec 17 16:52:16 UTC 2005

Mike Chambers wrote:

>>I got past the problem with SELinux by issuing autorelabel at reboot via
>>grub. After the relabeling, things seem normal without reverting to an
>>earlier policy.
>

> I was having same problems, and I did two things this morning.
>
> 1 - I noticed during the rawhide install I did few days ago, that a
> selinux file was not included in the /etc/sysconfig/ dir.  So I copied
> the /etc/selinux/config file over to it (which mine is disabled).
>
> 2 - I did a rawhide update as of this morning without having to issue
> any selinux=0 or autorelabels or whatever (which I never did those in
> the previous couple kernels neither).
>
> System seemed to boot up fine this morning though.

My system probably would have booted successfully without relabeling the
system. I guess pam needing to have processes reloaded was reason for my
major failure regarding login denials and the actual need for a system
reboot.

With all of the denials, I assumed SELinux to be the culpret. Relabeling
probably helped things out a bit anyway.

Getting things right for making bug reports with so man variables on a
rapidly changing mix of rpms is a bit hard to pinpoint the actual
culpret for system abnormalities.

Jim

--
"In the fight between you and the world, back the world."
  --Frank Zappa