2.6.15rc kernel packages for FC4.

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sun Dec 18 16:22:17 UTC 2005

Josh wrote:
>     That's surprising since my Acer Ferrari 4005 never had a problem with
>     the Synaptics touchpad on both FC4, FC5t1 and Rawhide. Did have to boot
>     with i8042.nomux no_timer_check though. Maybe you could try that.
>
>     Ipw2200 on an Acer Ferrari 4005? Mine has a Broadcom chip and according
>     to the Acer website all Ferrari 4005 models have that. Don't know how
>     you got an Intel wireless chipset on an AMD motherbord :P
>
> I wasn't aware of the boot parameter to get synaptics touchpad. Does
> your touch pad work without the parameter?

not for me it doesnt' - even with this new kernel, i need that
i8042.nomux param to make it work properly.

> I ditched the default broadcom wireless NIC and  bought  Intel 2915 ABG
> mini-pci adapter for $29.  Works great  ;-)

the internal WiFi works fine, even the front push button for radio on
and radio off work fine with ndiswrapper and EL4 / FC4 / Rawhide kernels
- I've not had a problem at all.

considering the bcm driver needs 2.6.15 - anyone tried it with these new
kernels that dave is putting out there ?