Fedora meeting Mono Half-Way

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Dec 19 12:08:42 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 12:37 -0700, Don Springall wrote:
> Issues like this are always going to be around for Fedora or even openSUSE
> for things like MP3 or libdvdcss or Mono. Rather than butting your head
> against a wall here it might be easier to just contact rpm.livna.org and get
> them to host some packages for you. They seem to be willing to tread where
> others fear to go. Although their stuff is a little stale for Core 5 it
> integrates well with Core 4 at least.

They are smart - and usually don't start the major work until close to
release. I'm sure they are doing the work beforehand, but rawhide
changes so much - a lot of stuff has to be rebuilt for no other reason
than it needs it.

With respect to them treading where others fear to go, my understanding
is that they do in fact follow the IP laws of the country where they are
located - just like Fedora needs to follow IP laws within the United
States.