2.6.15rc kernel packages for FC4.

Philip Trickett (List) phil-ml at techworks.ie
Mon Dec 19 16:41:40 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-18 at 16:26 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> While we are on the subject of the Acer Ferrari 4005 - has anyone got
> the battery meter to work ?

You need an updated DSDT for the kernel to do that, and some other power
saving things.

It would be nice if Acer updated their BIOS to fix spelling errors in
their DSDT, so that we could just install a plain kernel.

How does windows manage to work with buggy DSDTs anyway?

You need to recompile the kernel for the ACPI to work properly, as the
FC4 kernels do not include the patch to enable loading a new DSDT via
the initrd. (Which, in the long run is more than likely the right
decision, so don't bug the RH guys ;) )

Phil