Fedora Core 5 Test 2 slipping until January 16

Don Springall don_springall at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 19 20:56:25 UTC 2005

As for the delay, break things here all you want, but for the releases, rock
solid is much better for PR.  Mandriva is now talking about a one year
release schedule. I may be wrong but I recall SUSE hinting about that as
well. My point being don't sweat the delays Fedora, your doing a great job !

Fedora has plenty of new stuff for this release. Perhaps it would be
goodness to concentrate on the in-house stuff like pup, system-config-*  and
the stuff that would help on the commercial side like Xen 3.0. I have seen
very little talk at all about Xen on this thread. Is it getting any testing
? By the looks of things SELINUX also needs more time to settle down and
catch up to all the changes.

Are there any manuals or even better online guides out there that explain
how to recover from things when the kernel or Xorg won't boot ? I have one
of those Fedora 3 Linux bible kind of books but it has very little info to
help testers in there when we run into trouble. I would like to be able to
whine less when things go wrong but I can't with my current skill set.