Why are software raid devices being renamed?

Andy Burns fedora-test at adslpipe.co.uk
Tue Dec 20 20:46:39 UTC 2005

Peter Jones wrote:

> You're still the *only* person I've seen reporting this.  Are you sure
> something else in your environment hasn't changed?

Finally I built a working initrd for 1770_FC5smp using
mkinitrd-5.0.10-1, and a manually tweaked init script.

I then updated to today's rawhide mkinitrd-5.0.15-1 and 1776_FC5smp (in
that order) and software raid *DEFINITELY* reverts to using the names
md_d0 and md_d1, which scares the horses, full commentary on BZ#169059