Why are software raid devices being renamed?

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Wed Dec 21 22:08:58 UTC 2005

Peter Jones wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 17:35 -0200, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>
>>> You're still the *only* person I've seen reporting this.
>> Not true.
>
> Indeed, I missed your report in the middle of another bug.
>
>>   It's even been a while since I narrowed the problem I've
>> got myself on 5 different boxes to some change in nash.
>
> You have?  When?  The closest I've seen of that was when you said it was
> happening with one version but not another.  That doesn't actually even
> narrow it down to nash actually being the culprit, much less to a
> specific change.  If you've actually narrowed it down in some way,
> please, do tell me your findings?

Don't want to beat a dead horse, especially when you have the problem
identified as a kernel problem (thank you BTW), but, the change in nash
from mkinitrd-5.0.10 to -5.0.11 which changed the various open type
statements to various coeOpen statements was when the raid renaming
problem started for me. Look at comments #39 and #40 of 11/24/05 on 169059.

--
Regards,

Old Fart