openoffice.org 1.9.73 testing rpms

Caolan McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Feb 9 16:24:13 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 16:52 +0200, Balint Cristian wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 February 2005 16:15, Caolan McNamara wrote:
> > Testing OpenOffice.org 1.9.75 i386 rpms for rawhide available from...
> >
> > http://people.redhat.com/caolanm/openoffice.org2/i386/
>
> Can you please provide the src.rpm of these test packs ?

ok, http://people.redhat.com/caolanm/openoffice.org2/SRPMS/

note

a), its not going to fly for 64bit as that's a work in progress and the
64bit patches are not in that rpm, and probably won't be until the 64bit
port does a bit more than crash on startup :-P
b), ppc was not built in this test run because it failed in my last
build 8 hours in due to some bizarre ppc/gcj/uno thing whose root cause
escapes me. I'm not sure if I included the quick fix in the ppc patch in
the src.rpm yet, but if not then its to #if 0 out the avmedia JAR entry
in the scp2/source/ooo/files_library.scp, otherwise the src.rpm should
be ok for ppc.

I'll hopefully get the language packs for seperate rpms for diverse
languages working for the next test and then we can walk around and kick
its wheels a bit. FWIW 1.9.78 is penciled in as the OOo2.0 beta.

Some interesting things about what we have to date is that gcc's
-fvisibility=hidden stuff is in use for a lot of modules now which
should give some good startup-speedups, in addition to many other tweaks
and movement of huge chunks of code about the place so it should
materalize on screen faster than 1.1.X (well, in theory). Moving to -Os
rather than -O1 from ./configure (in-house Hamburg StarOffice defaults
to -Os without flaw apparently) is still pending

C.