rawhide update problem

Rob Shewan rshewan at lio.aacisd.com
Wed Feb 9 20:49:10 UTC 2005

Let me just try to state the obvious. It seems that gnome-panel is dependent
on two libraries from evolution-data-server. It isn't obvious why this might
be necessary but someone else might comment.

I removed all of the evolution packages in an attempt to incorporate the
large quantity of updates available. I could remove these without any
dependency problems. I have done a 'yum clean all' to ensure that there is
nothing left around to confuse yum.

I know that not everything I have done makes sense but I would appreciate
any constructive feedback anyone might have. I also realize that this is
rawhide and it just happens but maybe this information is useful to someone.

--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: libgnome-menu.so.0 for package: control-center
--> Processing Dependency: gnome-menus >= 2.9.1 for package: gnome-panel
--> Processing Dependency: gnome-menus >= 2.9.1 for package: control-center
--> Processing Dependency: libecal-1.2.so.1 for package: gnome-panel
--> Processing Dependency: libgnome-menu.so.0 for package: gnome-panel
--> Processing Dependency: libedataserver-1.2.so.0 for package: gnome-panel
--> Processing Dependency: libgnome-menu.so.0 for package: eel2
--> Processing Dependency: gnome-python2-extras = 2.9.3-1 for package: gnome-pyt
hon2-gtkhtml2
--> Restarting Dependency Resolution with new changes.
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package gnome-menus.i386 0:2.9.90-2 set to be updated
---> Package gnome-python2-extras.i386 0:2.9.3-1 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: libecal-1.2.so.1 for package: gnome-panel
--> Processing Dependency: libedataserver-1.2.so.0 for package: gnome-panel
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libecal-1.2.so.1 is needed by package gnome-panel
Error: Missing Dependency: libedataserver-1.2.so.0 is needed by package
gnome-panel