Pan?

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Tue Feb 15 03:10:04 UTC 2005

Prompted by Pete Zaitcev's blog:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/zaitcev/18495.html

seen on the Feodra People planet, I had a quick check in Rawhide and
can't see Pan anymore. I'm subscribed to fedora-list and fedora-test-
list, and I've just looked through the web archives of fedora-desktop-
list, fedora-devel-list and fedora-extras-list and can't seem to find
any hint of where the discussion to (apparently) move Pan from Core to
Extras happened. Can anyone point me in the direction of a URL?

I have to say that I have long had certain dissatisfactions with Pan
(GTK2 but not GNOME, non-HIG compliance, UI confusion) but when all is
said and done it still seems better to me than the other options.
Evolution's NNTP support is really primitive, and Thunderbird lacks many
of the things I'd expect from a proper NNTP client which Pan had. What
is the default newsreader in Fedora Core now?

Best, Darren