MySQL and udev

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sun Feb 27 12:52:18 UTC 2005

Hi,

I seem to have two problems at the moment (on two different machines).

On the laptop, it looks like MySQL is messed up. If I issue

mysqladmin -u root password 'bluebuses'

I get an error that it can't connect to localhost

mysqladmin -u root -h T8.linux password 'bluebuses'

gives an error

mysqladmin: connect to server at 'T8.linux' failed
error: '#HY000Host 'localhost.localdomain' is not allowed to connect to
this MySQL server'

(T8.linux is the machines name).

Am I doing something wrong or is this broken?

My /etc/hosts file reads

127.0.0.1   localhost.localdomain    T8.linux    localhost    T8

Second off is that udev fails to start on the other computer. While that
doesn't stop it from working, it does make DVD burning somewhat slow.
I'm using udev-050-7 with the 2.6.10-1.1063_FC4 kernel (1154 just
doesn't work - the machine will get to the desktop and then crash
requiring a power reset).

Any clues on either of these?

TTFN

Paul
--
"I like blinking me" - Helen, Big Brother 2 contestant