New testing kernel. 2.6.10-1.727_FC3

Douglas Furlong fedora-lists at dark-hill.co.uk
Wed Jan 5 20:38:32 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 18:16 -0500, Dave Jones wrote:
> A new year, (another) new testing kernel.  This rebases
> the whole tree to the latest upstream release 2.6.10,
> with the 2.6.10-ac2 patch on top for good measure.
>
> With around 4000 changes between 2.6.9 and 2.6.10,
> this fixes a lot of problems, including the infamous
> 'ACPI wont turn off my computer' bug.
>
> No doubt it accidentally brings along new regressions,
> so please, jump on it for a while, and once the worst
> bits are shaken out, I'll push this out as an update.
>
> This is not the same as the 2.6.10 in rawhide, as that
> one is tracking the daily -bk snapshots heading toward
> 2.6.11, whilst FC3 will get a 2.6.10-ac update.

Good morning Dave

I am still having a problem when trying to use my cd/dvd burner in my
laptop.

When I put a CD in the drive, and try to access it I get the following
messages in dmesg before what appears to be a fairly solid lockup (but
it could just be the system being tied up for a long time on IO waits).

hdc: packet command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hdc: packet command error: error=0x50
ide: failed opcode was 100
hdc: packet command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hdc: packet command error: error=0x50
ide: failed opcode was 100

I know there is a bugzilla entry for this but for the life of me I can't
find it.

I did get some other errors, but the system locked up before I was able
to echo them to a file.

--
Douglas Furlong <fedora-lists at dark-hill.co.uk>