Anaconda failure

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Jan 24 01:48:47 UTC 2005

Gregory Woodbury wrote:
> I went to test a fresh install of rawhide/development and anaconda quit
> with an X-windows related failure.  I couldn't get a decent trace.
> With no real information, I'm reluctant to bugzilla it, but wanted to
> mention it somewhere.
>
> AMD K6-2 @400MHz   320MBram  ATI Mach64 video   other standard
> peripherals

I tried on a system with the ATI card and the installation seems to bail
out at the welcome screen. I don't think that the bailout is card specific.

I started a text install and it did not detect the currently installed
FC version installed. It did get to where you choose the installation
type. I bailed out after it did not detect an existing installation.

Regarding the GUI install problem, I could only think that you might use
a digital camera and take shots of screen 1, screen 3 and screen 4. You
could do that with the alt-F1, alt-F3 and Alt-F4 keys. Chacking bugzilla
might be worth a look to see if anyone ele attempt a jan 23 installation.

Jim

--
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong
and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a

- One of the laws of computers and programming revealed.