Semperon processors

Paul Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Fri Jan 28 13:09:29 UTC 2005

Hi,

> "After a short look at our benchmark results the conclusion is clear:
> AMD's Sempron is able to outperform Celeron D in most applications."

Except one on my machine - actually working!

It has the updated BIOS for the semperon. If I turn the clock down so
it's identified as a 1500+ rather than 2400+, it gets through happily to
the desktop and works. Bang it back to being a 2400+ and it won't hit
the desktop.

Remove rhgb and things go a bit further (roughly boots halfway - gets to
applying iptables and then gives that annoying 2 tone oscillating
noise). Put it back on and as soon as it gets past mounting the drives,
annoying 2 tone noise.

Doesn't matter which kernel version it is either.

TTFN

Paul
--
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy"
- Life of Brian, Monty Python