Name resolution

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 23:54:40 UTC 2005

Hi,

For some reason, the newest FC3 (vanilla) box on my network can access
everything inside of the network (i.e. on the domains 192.168.2.xxx),
yet won't access anything on the outside world (I can't ping an IP
address or something like www.bbc.co.uk).

The firewall is switched off on the box and I don't have a firewall
running on my router.

The /etc/resolv.conf file has been hand-edited to have the DNS of my ISP
rather than trusting my router.

Any ideas on what is going on with it?

TTFN

Paul
--
"I don't know how World War III will be fought, but I do know World War
IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein