ATI drivers and FC4t3

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Thu Jun 2 03:39:03 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 09:48 -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 09:19:19AM +1000, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> > Are you suggesting that the there's open source drivers that support 3D?
> > If this is the case, where can I get these from to give them a try?
>
> There are test drivers are beginning to work quite well.
>
> http://r300.sourceforge.net/ is a good starting URL although a little out of
> date compared with the code sometimes.
>
> Current status is:
> 	http://r300.sourceforge.net/r300_dri.php

Alan,

A couple of questions (I'm a little nervous about trying this out, so I
hope you don't mind)

Are you using this stuff with current FC4 stuff and is it (mostly)
working for you?

It says at the bottom of the page that I need to be using the X.org CVS
tree.  Is the xorg in FC4t3 good enough.

Also, do I have to compile the r200 drivers and if so, how do I do this?

Sorry if this is too much to ask and feel free to tell me to buzz
off. ;-]

Rodd

 It's much better on my side"