i killed the lvm-cat [ALMOST SOLVED]

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Fri Jun 3 09:18:37 UTC 2005

[snip]
>   Couldn't find device with uuid 'WyCdOD-T3fq-r7gc-pFon-e3C1-Ay8n-EdGyEE'. Couldn't find all physical volumes for
> volume group VolGroup00.
[/snip]

hey, hey,

it is done, now! using pvcreate /dev/sdb1 -u WyCdOD-T3fq-r7gc-pFon-e3C1-Ay8n-EdGyEE i got it. I could then do vgextend
VolGroup00 /dev/sdb1 it works.

But, how can i get it into the default Logical volumes? Will i have to create a new one and mounting it? I read and
read in the howto from tldp, but i don't find a real "easy" solution. How can i add my /dev/sdb to LogVol01?

  ACTIVE            '/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00' [8,06 GB] inherit       <-- must be /dev/sda2
  ACTIVE            '/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01' [256,00 MB] inherit     <-- should be swap

i would like to either include /dev/sdb1 oder create an new one. I personally found it a little bit confusing about
stripes and extents, that is why i am asking.

Sorry
Roger