linksys usb 2.6 bug?

Ussama Baggili ubaggili at jinsys.org
Sun Jun 5 20:49:03 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am a new-b and I have been trying to use Fedora on my desktop since
Fedora 3.  As my access to the internet is only through my Linksys USB
v2.6 wireless device, it has become my only point of reference when
trying to work with Fedora.  I'm not a developer, nor am I familiar
with rebuilding kernels, but I do find a lot of search results on the
internet trying to provide solutions.

I guess what I would like to ask for is either for a bug to be filed
with bugzilla to get this fixed, or for guidance.  In Fedora core 4
test 3, the hardware is discovered when I plug in the device and browse
hardware.  It is correctly identified, although no driver is
associated.  In the network configuration, it is not listed as an item,
nor does lsmod show anything related to the device (as far as I know).

Please advise or help!  I'm writing to the list per instructions to
file bugs or suggestions per Fedora's installer and OS.  I would really
like to get on board.

Thanks,
-Ussama
Jinsys Inc