FAILED: FC4T3 on Matrox G550 + Dell 2001FP

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Mon Jun 6 12:18:50 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 01:23:33PM +0200, Daniel Roesen wrote:
> DVI still doesn't work, but I'm used to that from FC1 too. It looks
> like the Modeline chosen has a pixel clock of 162MHz, and Xorg/XFree
> refusing to use modes with more than 160MHz, even that DVI can do
> 165MHz on single link. So to get DVI going I guess I have to play around
> with custom ModeLines for my Dell 2001FP. Which sucks.. the last time I
> had to do such stuff was 1995. :-)

FWIW, the 2001FP is reporting a max pixel clock of 160MHz in the DDC
info, so the panel isn't playing nice.

Tried with a custom ModeLine using only 112MHz which didn't let Xorg
complain, but still no real display (just flickering, and OSD saying
1600x1200 @ 0Hz!).

Well, but that's another topic anyway... :-)

Best regards,
Daniel