audit and pam

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 6 13:18:07 UTC 2005

>When it boots up GDM logs the following when it starts.  Is this desired or
>should it be onsidered a bug?

I've seen this since February when I developed the original patch. I've had
bigger fish to fry since this is simply reporting behavior that has existed for
quite some time.

>If so is it a bug in GDM or PAM?

I'd say gdm. pam is working great with this patch everywhere else (for example -
login, sshd). I don't think this is desired behavior, but it seems benign. You
can put it into bugzilla just so it doesn't get lost. We probably should fix this
so audit logs don't have this "suspicious activity".

-Steve