yum update errors

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Tue Jun 7 16:46:31 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 11:39:43PM -0400, Tim Taranov wrote:
> just trying to update my fc4 test3 and getting these errors. Any suggestions?

A general suggestion is that if something break dependencies in
testing stuff, which happens and surely will happen many times more,
then to check where these troubles are coming from and exclude
relevant packages from updates until other thing will catch.
'rpm -qf /path/to/something' will tell you what "owns" given files.

> [root at dualbox ~]# yum update
> --> Running transaction check
> Error: Missing Dependency: libijs.so()(64bit) is needed by package gimp-print
> Error: Missing Dependency: libgs.so.7()(64bit) is needed by package
> ImageMagick-perl

Add --exclude='ghosts*' to your yum command, until versions of
gimp-print and ImageMagick recompiled with new libraries show up,
and that will cover this problem

> Error: Missing Dependency: openoffice.org-core = 1:1.9.100-1 is needed
> by package openoffice.org-pyuno

The current version is 1.9.104-2 and it looks like that
openoffice.org-pyuno was dropped from x86_64 set (it is available in
i386 and _all_ openoffice packages are i386 only) together with
python.i386 which is required to support that.  If this was a
deliberate decision that means that either you will have live with a
reduced functionality on x86_64 side or add required packages from
i386.  If you are not doing the later then you have to deinstall
packages you happen to have on your system and for which newer
versions are not available.  As simple as that.

   Michal