Upgrade to FC4 final?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed Jun 8 15:09:09 UTC 2005

Daniel Gonzalez wrote:
> Harald-
>
> I asked this question earlier and I was directed to the following URL.
> It seems like a good place to start
>
> http://www.brandonhutchinson.com/Upgrading_Red_Hat_Linux_with_yum.html
>
> Hope that helps
> Dan Gonzalez
>
> Harald Grossauer wrote:
>
>> As far as I have seen there are no more updates for FC4test3, but FC4
>> final is not released yet.
>>
>> Just in advance: what do I have to do when FC4 final is released?
>> Activate the appropriate repos, which are already configured in
>> /etc/yum.repos.d but not enabled, and call "yum update"?
>>
>> Will that be enough to get a "clean and complete" FC4 final
>> installation? Or would it be better to download the ISO images and
>> completely reinstall FC4 from scratch?

I had a comment based on the upgrade method that there are packages
that were missing or things that were not in the menu but installed on
the system.  His advice.  Do a clean install instead of an upgrade.

I upgraded from RH8 to FC1 and I still find some issues on my machine
from this.

--
Robin Laing