lastlog devours universe

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Jun 8 16:35:48 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 11:41 -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
> If I understand correctly, tar will only handle sparse files properly
> if
> told to explicitly, using the --sparse flag.  Unless tar defaults to
> handling sparse intelligently without the flag, 85% of all fedora
> sysadmins
> are going to be really pissed.

Again, tar won't do ANYTHING unless you pass the right arguments,
whatever they may be.  You have to know what you're telling tar to do.
There is no default, other than displaying the usage (which states how
to use --sparse)

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (http://www.fedoralegacy.org)