New login feature? Today's login problem

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Jun 9 02:17:03 UTC 2005

Trying out the new login feature, I noticed the login for the new login
goes to the F9 screen. Is this intended behavior for the second version
of X?
The other question concerns the first console owner getting the sound
devices and probably scanners, cameras and other devices.
Is this a recent feature for new logins? I only noticed it on a lean
install that did not have a lot of clutter in the menus. The feature is
nice, but wondering about the other limitations with it, if they would
hold it out of FC4.

Regarding the other login problem with FC5 before today's updates, did
everyone have to login as single user, then start network services,
upgrade via yum and reboot?
I tried passwd and it segfaulted. after upgrading via yum, passwd worked
again after touch /.autorelabel and a reboot.

Current FC5-devel looks pretty good as of now. full install version and
the scaled down version.

I'll back off now while things are stable again. The current state might
be worth considering to be FC4 (If legal issues hold the release of FC4
any off further)

Jim

--
Visit beautiful Vergas, Minnesota.