Getting Rhythmbox To Work in FC4

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri Jun 17 11:08:05 UTC 2005

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005, Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
> Hello Scott,
>
>      Yes, I did include the "shared" folder which is created when you
> set up LimeWire.  It is in this folder that I download songs, or at the
> present moment, I only have one song in the folder.  However, it appears
> grayed out and I still cannot resolve this situation.

Hmm, ok.  So I choose File->Import Folder, click "Desktop" in the bookmarks pane
on the left side of the file chooser, and click just once on "Under Rug Swept",
which happens to be a folder on my desktop.  I then click the Import button.
This does successfully import the songs.  If I were to go _into_ Under Rug
Swept, however, all the songs would be greyed out because the Import thing
doesn't import songs, it imports a folder as the menu item for it indicates.

Are you saying your copy _doesn't_ work like this?  If so, that's most likely a
bug...  In your case, you want to navigate to the folder that your Limewire
Songs folder is in, but not into the Limewire Songs folder itself. Rhythmbox
will import the whole Limewire Songs folder then, as designed.

Dan