Java rpm's for FC$

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Jun 17 21:15:06 UTC 2005

Am Fr, den 17.06.2005 schrieb akonstam at trinity.edu um 23:27:

> On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 08:29:08PM +0100, DAVID BENTLEY wrote:
> > Having just installed FC4 I have heeded the warning
> > about not using the sun java rpm and followed the
> > instructions and created my own package(s) using the
> > file from the java-1.5.0-sun link under the non-free
> > section at www.jpackage.org.
> >

> Why did you not install the .bin file in /opt as they suggested.

Who suggests this? Sun itself?
Aaron, did you read the FC4 release notes? There are good reasons to
rpmbuild with the src.rpm and the binary file from jpackage.org and
java.sun.com.

> Aaron Konstam

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 23:13:33 up 24 days, 21:51, load average: 0.33, 0.33, 0.24