FC5 Wishlist

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 18:13:20 UTC 2005

On 6/20/05, Daniel Roesen <dr at cluenet.de> wrote:
> > http://tinyurl.com/akh8t
>
> Please post real direct URLs.

Ask and you shall receive
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=Fedora+Core&component_text=&query_format=advanced&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=MODIFIED&bug_status=ASSIGN_TO_PM&bug_status=INVESTIGATE&bug_status=SPEC&bug_status=ON_DEV&bug_status=QA_READY&bug_status=ON_QA&bug_status=PROD_READY&bug_status=FAILS_QA&bug_severity=enhancement&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&fixed_in_type=allwordssubstr&fixed_in=&qa_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&qa_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=exact&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailqa_contact2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=exact&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&changedin=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=

> That's what tracker bugs are for.
And at certain points in the development phase  Blocker and Target
trackers for a release are created as a tool for Core developers.

> Do you think Wikis where arbitrary dudes can edit around how they feel
> as long as they do have an account are anywhere better? There's no
> priorization too. But Bugzilla filings have the advantage that you have
> all discussion on one idea in ONE place and people can easily track the
> RFEs they are interested in (and take part in discussion or testing).

I'm not arguing that bugzilla entries aren't a good idea. You should
file your enhancements against the bugzilla component that makes sense
to let the current developers and maintainers know about it. But the
bugzilla interface is not necessarily the best way to communicate
plans and feature requests to potential contributors who might be
willing to dig in and work on an item.  I find this resistence to
exploring alternative avenues of communication... amusing...
considering the fact that this mailinglist is a hallmark of
duplication.

-jef