FC5 Wishlist

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 18:47:16 UTC 2005

Hi

>Not really. The seperation between the lists is supposed to be "test
>releases" and "rawhide". Can you name anyone who is only interested in
>-test but not -devel? Or in -devel but not -test? I doubt there are
>(m)any. Test releases are basically devel snapshots.

No. its not. devel list is about discussing related to development. say
what are the good things to have for FC5.  This list is about
discussions about what works or breaks during rawhide or during the
testing packages which goes into the previous versions as an update.

>>>But having bad examples doesn't excuse making the mess even
>>>bigger. See also the "web forum" thing regarding end user question
>>>support. There was AND IS fedora-list, (now) _and_ "web forums". Can we
>>>please decide to EITHER use mailing list OR clickety-click-all-colorful?
>>>

>>some people prefer forums. others prefer mailing lists. You can force
>>everyone to use the same medium
>>

>Yes you can. Otherwise you force other people to monitor MULTIPLE places
>instead of just one.

No. Nobody forces you. You choose to use what medium you want to use and
stick with that.

regards
Rahul