rawhide report: 20050622 changes

Sylvain Rouillard RouillardSy at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 23 05:54:43 UTC 2005

Le Jeudi 23 Juin 2005 01:45, Darwin H. Webb a écrit :

> Yes, printing stopped working about 2 to 4 build updates ago.
> No, I didn't change anything. I was printing and then there was non
> printing.
> The error message is in one of the build list threads with my name on
> it. I have tried to re-do the printing but nothing works.
> OO0 see the printer as defined, Gimp and gPHOTO do not see any printer
> but generic. It's as if the pdd files are gone.
> No there is not a bug report, as it only happened this weekend and I
> have no idea what caused it as the only things that changed were the
> updates from devel.

Hi there,

I remember seeing your post but I can't seem to find it again. IIRC, you are
using a printer shared through a windows computer. That stroke me because I
have the same config (HP Laserjet connected on a networked WinXP computer
through a router). I just tested, and I can still get it to print with both
KEdit and OOo-writer with no problem. Let us know if you file a bug report,
I'll chime in and give my config to help debugging.

Cheers