My computer is buzzing

Sylvain Rouillard RouillardSy at yahoo.fr
Fri Jun 24 18:35:59 UTC 2005

Everything was fine after last yum update (and before). I rebooted, and now my
computer is buzzing. Out loud. It's not my stereo, it works well for the
radio and all. It's not hardware, windows doesn't buzz. It's plain software.
If I turn the sound down on the computer, the buzz is quieter. Turn the sound
off, the buzz stops.

I'm puzzeled by the update log, it shows nothing that could do that to sound
IMHO. I thought of the kernel, so I rebooted on the previous one, no dice.

I have an onboard AC97, KDE desktop. Any idea against what package I
could/should bugzilla this one?