Switching to Rawhide, trying pup, surprised no conflicts upgrading

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Jun 25 12:44:18 UTC 2005

After hearing mention of pup now beig available in development on the
Fedora-list, I had to try out the program. It gave the same dep error in
FC4 as yum specified regarding magma and gulm. (hangovers from switching
over from rawhide to FC4)

I decided to switch back over to rawhide and see how it dealt with the
devlopment tree. Suprisingly, it installed all package upgrades without
any dep not being resolved. All packages installed without problem.

Notes on pup, I like it so far. The information during package install
was vague and the only indication of where one was in the installation
process was when the process was completed. When upgrading 300 packages,
  a display regarding where you are in the upgrading would be
information worth knowing. I am sure this information will be added later.

Great job with pup and with keeping development deps in check! (i386 anyway)

General comments about the file chooser. I like the feature regarding
the pulldown for directories. I like the overall look of the file
chooser compared to previous versions.

Jim

--
And 1.1.81 is officially BugFree(tm), so if you receive any bug-reports
on it, you know they are just evil lies."