Switching to Rawhide, trying pup, surprised no conflicts upgrading

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sat Jun 25 14:05:09 UTC 2005

> > General comments about the file chooser. I like the feature regarding
> > the pulldown for directories. I like the overall look of the file
> > chooser compared to previous versions.
> >
> > Jim
> >

>     It seems as though we are re-inventing a product that already
> exists, and is much more developed:
>
> http://linux.rasmil.dk/cms/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=1

with no offense to Tim's work, no, yumex is not doing what pup is
intending to do.
 It's a design difference. yumex provides an interface that is more or
less a graphical version of yum. Pup is an interface strictly for
updating packages and changing the type of data available to the user to
make a decision about the updates.

there is room for both programs, imo.

-sv