Problems Installing FC4 from ISA SCSI CDROM

Kevin B. Walker kevin.b.walker1 at jsc.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 28 18:49:23 UTC 2005

I have an old 650MHz PIII Single Board Computer with an Adaptec 1542 ISA
SCSI card and a 3Com 3c509 ISA card. It runs Redhat 7.0 nicely but I
want to load Fedora. I have been unable to load Fedora Core 4 because
the installer cannot find the CDROM or the NIC. Please note, the system
boots from the SCSI CDROM just fine. The installer prompts me to either
select a driver or provide a driver disk. It does this in spite of the
fact that the 1542 driver is already loaded.

After failing to load from CDROM, I decided to load from an NFS image. I
loaded up the server, turned on NFS, etc. When I selected NFS image in
the installer, I got the same choices. Select Driver or Driver Disk. I
load the Etherlink III driver and it goes right back to the "Select
Driver or Driver Disk" screen.

I have seen several similar problems discussed on the net but I have
never seen an answer. Any help would be appreciated.

--
     Kevin B. Walker

--
This message was scanned for spam and viruses by BitDefender
For more information please visit http://linux.bitdefender.com/