Editing cupsd.config files

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Wed Jun 29 01:25:07 UTC 2005

Hello,

      Just a thought, but has anyone ever thought of developing a
program within the Gnome desktop environment that would allow you to
edit the /etc/cups/cupsd.config file without having to log out from a
user's account to log on to a root account ?  Is there such a program
available within Gnome?  I have a small network where in order for the
computers to access the print server, I have to configure the print
server's cupsd.config file in order for the computers to access the
printer connected to the print server.  Although the computers can "see"
the printer connected to the print server, they cannot access it.  It
would be a great idea if some type of program could be developed to edit
these files without logging out from the user's account.  I'm not sure
if this is an appropriate question for an  FC5 wish list, but I'll throw
my hat into the ring for this one.

Jeff